Bringing you some of my favorite family recipes.
Moroccan Lentil Stew
This dish is perfect when you are in the mood for a hot meatless dish that's packed with nutrients and flavor!
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped carrot
1 cup chopped and peeled russet potato
1 teaspoon Salt and Pepper (or to taste)
2 teaspoons turmeric
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup dry green lentils
1 cup dry red lentils
1 28oz can of peeled tomatoes
6 cups water or vegetable broth
1 cup almond
Juice from 1 Lime
1 Bag of Chopped Kale
1) Heat the oil in a large stockpot or dutch oven. Add onions, carrot, and potato and saute for about 5 minutes.
2) Add all spices and cook for 2 minutes. Stir constantly so slices don’t burn on the bottom of the pot.
3)Add lentils and saute 1 - 2 minutes. Add can of tomatoes. With a wooden spoon break up the tomatoes in the pot until they are in bite sized pieces. Add water or vegetable broth and stir to combine.
4)Bring the soup to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer for 30 minutes.
5)Remove from heat and stir in almond milk, lime juice, and kale until kale has wilted down.
6) Serve over rice or in a bowl with Naan
This Israeli dish is my go to whenever I am in the mood for a warm meatless meal. It is full of flavor and the best part is that it's a one pan dish which makes clean up super easy.
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Chopped Bell Pepper
1 Cup Chopped Yellow Onion
1 Jalapeno Finely Diced (optional if you're not into spicy)
28 oz Canned Diced Tomatoes
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1 Teaspoon Turmeric
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Heat oil over medium heat in a deep skillet pan. Add onions and saute until they begin to brown. Add bell pepper and jalapeno and cook until softened.
2.Add diced tomatoes, paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper and stir until all ingredients are combined. Lower heat and bring tomato base to a bubble.
3. Carefully pour eggs one by one into the pan making sure to let the yolks crack. Once all the eggs are placed in the pan, cover and cook until eggs are over easy.
4. When eggs are done, remove from heat and uncover to prevent further cooking. Serve with your favorite kind of toast.
3/4 cup honey
1 cup sugar
1 cup oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon. cinnamon
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup brewed coffee at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease round cake pan or loaf pan.
2. In a standing mixer, combine eggs, honey, oil and coffee. Mix on medium speed until fully combined.
3.Slowly add remaining dry ingredients just until batter forms.
4. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes. Insert toothpick to check if cake is cooked through.